You use the web filter profile configuration to create groups of FortiGuard categories that you want to include in the SSL forward proxy "L2 Exception List" configuration. The web filter profile should include categories that should not be processed by the outbound L2 SSL forward proxy feature. To address privacy concerns, you can include categories such as "Personal Privacy", "Finance and Banking", "Health and Wellness", and Medicine.
Before you begin:
- Learn about FortiGuard web filter categories. Go to http://fortiguard.com/webfilter.
- You must have Read-Write permission for Load Balance settings.
After you have created a web filter profile configuration object, you can select it in a L2 exception list configuration.
To create a web filter profile configuration:
- Go to Server Load Balance > SSL-FP Resources.
- Click the Web Filter Profile tab.
- Click Create New to display the configuration editor.
- Complete the configuration as described in Web Filter Profile configuration.
- Save the configuration.
Configuration name. Valid characters are
Note: After you initially save the configuration, you cannot edit the name.
A string to describe the purpose of the configuration, to help you and other administrators more easily identify its use.
Select a category or subcategory from the predefined list.