For reports that you run regularly, set up the following:
- Put those reports into a group.
- Schedule those reports. If possible, schedule reports to run at off-peak hours and do not schedule reports to run at the same time as log maintenance tasks.
- Enable auto-cache for those reports.
Grouping reports has these advantages:
- Reduce the number of hcache tables.
- Improve auto-cache completion time.
- Improve report performance and reduce report completion time.
Consider grouping reports in these conditions:
- If you use the same or a similar report template for different FortiGates in the same ADOM.
- If you regularly use different filters on your reports.
Other ways to improve report performance include:
- Avoid running reports at the same time as log aggregation or log transfer.
- Avoid queries to external sources such as DNS (for name resolution) or LDAP (for obtaining a user list).
For more information, see the FortiAnalyzer Administration Guide and the FortiAnalyzer Report Performance Troubleshooting Guide.