Fortinet Document Library

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:

Version:


Table of Contents

Administration Guide

Disk space allocation

On the FortiAnalyzer, the system reserves 5% to 20% of the disk space for system usage and unexpected quota overflow. The remaining 80% to 95% of the disk space is available for allocation to devices.

Reports are stored in the reserved space.

Total Available Disk Size

Reserved Disk Quota

Small Disk (up to 500GB)

The system reserves either 20% or 50GB of disk space, whichever is smaller.

Medium Disk (up to 1TB)

The system reserves either 15% or 100GB of disk space, whichever is smaller.

Large Disk (up to 5TB)

The system reserves either 10% or 200GB of disk space, whichever is smaller.

Very Large Disk (5TB and higher)

The system reserves either 5% or 300GB of disk space, whichever is smaller.

The RAID level you select determines the disk size and the reserved disk quota level. For example, a FortiAnalyzer 1000C with four 1TB disks configured in RAID 10 is considered a large disk, so 10%, or 100GB, of disk space is reserved.

Disk space allocation

On the FortiAnalyzer, the system reserves 5% to 20% of the disk space for system usage and unexpected quota overflow. The remaining 80% to 95% of the disk space is available for allocation to devices.

Reports are stored in the reserved space.

Total Available Disk Size

Reserved Disk Quota

Small Disk (up to 500GB)

The system reserves either 20% or 50GB of disk space, whichever is smaller.

Medium Disk (up to 1TB)

The system reserves either 15% or 100GB of disk space, whichever is smaller.

Large Disk (up to 5TB)

The system reserves either 10% or 200GB of disk space, whichever is smaller.

Very Large Disk (5TB and higher)

The system reserves either 5% or 300GB of disk space, whichever is smaller.

The RAID level you select determines the disk size and the reserved disk quota level. For example, a FortiAnalyzer 1000C with four 1TB disks configured in RAID 10 is considered a large disk, so 10%, or 100GB, of disk space is reserved.