You can filter events using the Add Filter box in the toolbar or by right-clicking an entry and selecting a context-sensitive filter.
Filter FortiView summaries using the Add Filter box in the toolbar or by right-clicking an entry and selecting a context-sensitive filter. You can also filter by specific devices or log groups and by time.
- Specify filters in the Add Filter box.
- Filter Mode: In the selected summary view, click Add Filter and select a filter from the dropdown list, then type a value. If required, specify the filter's parameters as equal to, greater than, or lesser than the value. Click NOT to negate the filter value. You can add multiple filters by selecting Add Filter again.
- Text Mode: Click the Switch to Text Mode icon at the end of the Add Filter box. In Text Mode, enter the search criteria (log field names and values). Click the Switch to Filter Mode icon to go back to regular search.
In the event list, right-click an entry and select a filter criterion (Search <filter value>).
Depending on the column in which your mouse is placed when you right-click, FortiView uses the column value as the filter criteria. This context-sensitive filter is only available for certain columns.
In the event list, right-click an entry and select Search in Logview.
Log View will launch with the filter automatically filled in with the following information:
- Log type of the event
- Time range (the first to the last occurrence of the event)
- Event trigger and group by value