Use Fetcher Management for log fetching
To generate a report for a time period not covered by current analytical data:
- Use log fetching (Fetcher Management) to fetch archived logs to generate reports.
- Import log data from an external backup to generate reports.
Log fetching simplifies generating reports from log data for the following reasons:
- Log fetching allows you to specify the devices and time periods to be indexed.
- You can pull indexed logs into an ADOM with quota and log retention settings specifically set up to generate report on older logs.
- Log fetching helps to avoid duplications that might occur with importing data from an external backup.
For information on Fetcher Management (log fetching) and importing a log file, see the FortiAnalyzer Administration Guide.