In 6.2, FortiRecorder (together with FortiCameras) can be enabled within FortiAnalyzer, and share its disk.
This feature is disabled by default, and must be enabled in the CLI.
For a full list of FortiRecorder CLI commands, see the FortiAnalyzer CLI Reference.
- FortiAnalyzer and FortiCameras need to be connected on the same subnet.
- FortiCameras need to be connected to FortiSwitch-POE for power.
- FortiCameras need to be connected to a DHCP server to observe individual IPs when it's configured as DHCP wire-mode.
Enter the FortiRecorder module to view the Camera Management pane.
- The camera list displays detected cameras, including unauthorized cameras.
- Default camera profiles include:
- Default video profiles include:
- The default schedule is Always.
FortiRecorder is only supported on the physical FortiAnalyzer appliances included in the table below.
FortiAnalyzer-VM is not supported. Third party cameras are not supported.
Max number of cameras
- In the FortiAnalyzer CLI, enter the following commands:
config sys global set disable-module none
- After you refresh the page, the FortiRecorder module is displayed for all ADOMs.
- Go to FortiRecorder > Camera.
- Double click a camera to enter its configuration page.
- Select a camera profile from the Profile dropdown.
- Click Save.
- The camera is configured and will display the Active status once complete.
- Go to FortiRecorder > Monitors.
- Click Add Widget.
- Select a camera from the dropdown menu.
Recorded video is displayed in the timeline below the camera's live stream.
- Go to FortiRecorder > Camera Profile.
- Select a camera profile.
- Under Recordings & Detection settings, enable Motion detection.
- Click OK.
- Go to FortiRecorder > Camera and double click the device where motion detection is to be enabled.
- In the configurations page, select the Camera Profile which has Motion detection enabled.
- Click OK.
- In FortiRecorder > Monitor, motion detected video is displayed in red in the camera's timeline.
- Click on a motion detected video entry in the timeline will begin playback of that event.