We recommend performing the following tasks to prepare for a successful upgrade of a FortiAnalyzer unit. Following is a summary of the preparation tasks and a link to the details for each task.
- Download release notes, firmware images, and SNMP MIB files. See Downloading files from Customer Service & Support.
- Review release notes. See Reviewing FortiAnalyzer 6.2.0 Release Notes.
- Plan when to perform the upgrade. See Planning when to upgrade.
- Review the status of managed devices. See Reviewing status of managed devices.
- Review FortiAnalyzer System Settings pane. See Reviewing FortiAnalyzer System Settings.
- Back up configuration files and databases. See Backing up configuration files and databases.
- Back up logs. See Backing up logs.
- Check reports. See Checking reports
- Clone VM instances. See Creating a snapshot of VM instances.