Create a HA cluster
You can use a HA cluster to synchronize logs and data securely among multiple FortiGate devices.
A HA cluster can have a maximum of four devices: one primary or master device with up to three backup or slave devices. All the devices in the cluster must be of the same FortiGate series and must be visible on the network.
To create a HA cluster:
- If using ADOMs, ensure that you are in the correct ADOM.
- Add the devices to the Device Manager.
- Choose a master device, and click Edit.
- In the Edit Device pane, select HA Cluster.
- From the Add Existing Device list, select a device, and click Add.
- Optionally, you can use the Add Other Device field to add a new device.
Adding the devices before you create the HA is recommended.
- Add more devices as necessary, and click OK.
The maximum is three slave devices.
To view the HA in the Device Manager, click Column Settings > HA Status.