Admins have the ability to configure a time frame for masked data in a user profile and apply the profile to users. The time frame can be configured from either the GUI or CLI and supports whole numbers between 0-365. Decimals are not supported.
- If the user searches for data within a time range that is longer than the configured unmask time frame, then all the data will be masked.
- Real time logs are always unmasked.
- The unmask time frame can apply to log browse depending on the file time frame.
- Go to System Settings > Admin > Profile, then create or edit a profile.
- Enable Privacy Masking.
- In the Masked Data Fields section, select the data to mask.
- In the Data Mask Key field, enter a password to unmask the data.
- In the Data Unmasked Time field, enter a whole number between 0-365.
- Go to System Settings > Admin > Profile, and apply the configured user profile to the target user.
You must be an Admin to complete this step.
When a configured user logs in and searches a time range that is shorter than or equal to the unmasked data time frame (for example, 1 day), all the data is unmasked:
When a user searches a time range that is longer than the unmasked data time frame (for example, 2 days), all the data is masked.
A privacy mask icon appears next to the column name. To unmask the data, the user must enter the password.
The data in real time log view is always unmasked.