Before you begin using this guide, please ensure that:
- You have administrative access to the GUI and/or CLI.
- FortiAuthenticator is integrated into your network.
- The operation mode has been configured.
- The system time, DNS settings, administrator password, and network interfaces have been configured.
- Any third-party software or servers have been configured using their documentation.
For details of how to accomplish this, see the QuickStart Guide provided with your product, or online at https://docs.fortinet.com/product/fortiauthenticator/hardware.
|Network Time Protocol (NTP) is critical for the time to be accurate and stable for the Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) method used in two-factor authentication to function correctly. See Configuring the system date, time, and time zone.|
While using the instructions in this guide, note that administrators are assumed to have all permissions, unless otherwise specified. Some restrictions will apply to administrators with limited permissions.