Back up your configuration before beginning this procedure. While no data loss should occur if the procedures below are correctly followed, it is recommended a full backup is made before proceeding and the user will be prompted to do so as part of the upgrade process.
For information on how to back up the FortiAuthenticator configuration, see the FortiAuthenticator Administration Guide.
FortiAuthenticator 6.0.2 supports:
- FortiAuthenticator 200D
- FortiAuthenticator 200E
- FortiAuthenticator 400C
- FortiAuthenticator 400E
- FortiAuthenticator 1000D
- FortiAuthenticator 2000E
- FortiAuthenticator 3000D
- FortiAuthenticator 3000E
- FortiAuthenticator VM (VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, Xen, and Azure)
To verify the integrity of the firmware file, use a checksum tool to compute the firmware file’s MD5 checksum. Compare it with the checksum indicated by Fortinet. If the checksums match, the file is intact.
MD5 checksums for software releases are available from the Fortinet Support website.
After logging in to the web site, in the menus at the top of the page, click Download, then click Firmware Image Checksums.
In the Image File Name field, enter the firmware image file name including its extension, then click Get Checksum Code.
FortiAuthenticator 6.0.2 build 0041 officially supports upgrade from all versions of FortiAuthenticator 4.x, 5.x, and 6.0.x.
First, back up your configuration, then follow the procedure below to upgrade the firmware.
Before you can install FortiAuthenticator firmware, you must download the firmware image from the Fortinet Support website, then upload it from your computer to the FortiAuthenticator unit.
- Log in to the Fortinet Support website. In the Download section of the page, select the Firmware Images link to download the firmware.
- To verify the integrity of the download, go back to the Download section of the login page and click the Firmware Image Checksums link.
- Log in to the FortiAuthenticator unit’s web-based manager using the admin administrator account.
- Go to System > Dashboard > Status.
- In the System Information widget, in the Firmware Version row, select Upgrade. The Firmware Upgrade or Downgrade dialog box opens.
- In the Firmware section, select Choose File, and locate the upgrade package that you downloaded.
- Select OK to upload the file to the FortiAuthenticator.
Your browser uploads the firmware file. The time required varies by the size of the file and the speed of your network connection. When the file transfer is complete, the following message is shown:
It is recommended that a system backup is taken at this point. Once complete, click Start Upgrade.
Wait until the unpacking, upgrade, and reboot process completes (usually 3-5 minutes), then refresh the page.