You can create a custom FortiClient installer and add it to FortiClient EMS. Alternately, if a connection to FDN is not available, you may need to manually download a FortiClient installer and add it to FortiClient EMS. See FortiGuard Distribution Network .
The online installer available for download at FortiClient.com cannot be uploaded into the Add Installer dialog in Software Management.
- Download a FortiClient installer. See Downloading FortiClient installers.
- Go to Administration > Software Management. The Software Management pane displays.
- Click Add. The Add Installer dialog box displays.
- On the General tab, set the following options:
Type the FortiClient installer's name.
(Optional) Type any notes about the FortiClient installer.
- In the Version list, select Upload. Uploading options display.
- Set the following options:
Upload Windows Installers
Enable to upload FortiClient installers for the Windows operating system.
Windows 64-bit installer
Click the Browse button to locate and select a custom 64-bit installer for the Windows operating system.
Windows 32-bit installer
Click the Browse button to locate and select a custom 32-bit installer for the Windows operating system.
Upload Mac OS X Installers
Enable to upload a FortiClient installer for the OS X operating system.
Mac OS X installer
Click the Browse button to locate and select a custom installer for the OS X operating system.
- On the Advanced tab, set the following option:
Enable endpoint tag
Enable to configure an endpoint tag to assign to endpoints. Under Endpoint Tag, select an existing tag or enter a new tag. FortiClient EMS automatically groups tagged endpoints according to group assignment rules. See Group assignment rules.
This option is not available when the FortiClient installer selected or uploaded in step 3 is a version prior to 6.0.0.
- On the Telemetry tab, set the following options:
Click EMS to configure the FortiClient installer to connect Telemetry to EMS.
Click FortiGate, and select the name of the gateway list to use. The gateway list defines the IP address for FortiGate and includes the IP address for EMS.
You must define a FortiClient Telemetry gateway list to select FortiGate. If you have not created a list, the No Gateway IPs have been defined dialog box displays, and you can click OK to create a list.
- Click Save. The installer is added to FortiClient EMS and displays on the Software Management pane.
If the Sign software packages option is enabled in System Settings > Server, Windows installers display as being from the publisher specified in the certificate file. See Configuring Server settings.