Using Microsoft AD to deploy FortiClient
To use Microsoft AD to deploy FortiClient:
- On your domain controller, create a distribution point.
- Log on to the server computer as an administrator.
- Create a shared network folder where the FortiClient MSI installer file will be distributed from.
- Set file permissions on the share to allow access to the distribution package. Copy the FortiClient MSI installer package into this share folder.
- Select Start > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- After selecting your domain, right-click to select a new Organizational Unit (OU).
- Move all the computers you wish to distribute the FortiClient software to into the newly-created OU.
- Select Start > Administrative Tools > Group Policy Management. The Group Policy Management MMC Snap-in opens. Select the OU you just created. Right-click it, Select Create a GPO in this domain, and link it here. Give the new GPO a name then select OK.
- Expand the Group Policy Object container and find the GPO you just created. Right-click the GPO and select Edit. The Group Policy Management Editor MMC Snap-in opens.
- Expand Computer Configuration > Policies > Software Settings. Right-click Software Settings and select New > Package.
- Select the path of your distribution point and FortiClient installer file and then select Open. Select Assigned and select OK. The package is then generated.
- If you wish to expedite the installation process, on the server and client computers, force a GPO update.
- The software is installed on the client computer's next reboot. You can also wait for the client computer to poll the domain controller for GPO changes and install the software then.