In standalone mode, FortiClient software is installed to computers or devices that have Internet access and are running a supported operating system. After FortiClient is installed, FortiClient automatically connects to FortiGuard to protect the computer or device.
- Prepare to install FortiClient. See Provisioning Preparation.
During installation, endpoint users choose which FortiClient modules to install. See FortiClient setup types and modules.
- Install FortiClient on computers or devices with Internet access. See Provisioning.
- Launch FortiClient.
FortiClient connects to the Fortinet FortiGuard server to protect the computer.
- Configure FortiClient settings. See Settings.
- Configure the installed components.
Depending on what FortiClient modules were installed, endpoint users can configure one, more, or all of the following modules:
- Use the installed modules using the tabs in FortiClient.
Depending on what modules were installed, one, more, or all of the following tabs are available in FortiClient:
- Malware Protection
- Web Filter
- Application Firewall
- Vulnerability Scan
- Remote Access
The Compliance & Telemetry tab is visible but not used in standalone mode.