Upgrading from an earlier FortiClient EMS version
FortiClient EMS 6.0.1 supports upgrading from FortiClient EMS 1.0.3 and later 1.x versions. To ensure a successful upgrade, it is recommended you perform the upgrade on a staging server before upgrading the production server. Follow the procedure below.
- (Optional) Back up the database from the EMS 1.x production server.
- Install EMS 1.x on a staging server.
- (Optional) Import the EMS 1.x database from the production server.
- Connect FortiClient endpoints to the staging server.
- Upgrade the staging server to EMS 6.0.1.
- Monitor the staging server for two days.
- Upgrade the production server to EMS 6.0.1.