Adding a tag group assignment rule
When enabled, a tag group assignment rule automatically places endpoints with the specified tag into the specified endpoint group.
- Go to Administration > Group Assignment Rules.
- Click Add.
- Under Type, select Tag.
- In the Tag field, enter the desired tag to assign to endpoints.
- In the Group field, do one of the following:
- If you want to place tagged endpoints into an already existing group, select the desired group from the dropdown list.
- If you want to place tagged endpoints into a new group, enter the desired group name. FortiClient EMS creates the new group.
To create a new nested group, enter the desired group hierarchy. For example, to create a Seattle group nested under a West Coast group, enter West Coast/Seattle. FortiClient EMS then dynamically creates any group that does not exist. For example, if both the West Coast and Seattle groups do not exist, FortiClient EMS creates both groups with the desired hierarchy. If the West Coast group exists, FortiClient EMS creates a new Seattle group nested under it.
- Enable or disable the rule by toggling Enable Rule on or off.
- Click Save.