Creating profiles to automatically upgrade FortiClient
You can create a profile to automatically upgrade FortiClient to the latest patch release. The profile must be configured with an installer that meets the following requirements:
- The FortiClient installer was created in FortiClient EMS 1.2.0 or later.
- The FortiClient installer was created with the latest FortiClient version available for selection in FortiClient EMS at the time the installer was created.
- The FortiClient installer was created with the Keep software updated to the latest patch release option enabled.
See Adding FortiClient installers for details on creating an installer.
With this configuration, when an upgrade is available, FortiClient downloads it directly from the FortiClient EMS server. Offline FortiClients remain without the upgrade until they contact the FortiClient EMS server.
- Go to Endpoint Profiles > Manage Profiles, and click the Add button.
- In the Profile Name box, type a name for the profile.
- On the Deployment tab, enable FortiClient Deployment.
- Beside Assign an, click Installer.
- From the Installer dropdown list, select the desired installer, or use the Create a New Installer button.
- Configure the profile as desired, then click Save Profile.
If deploying an upgrade to a FortiClient endpoint running Windows 7, the Enable TLS 1.0/1.1 option must be enabled. See Configuring Server settings.