Scheduling AntiVirus scanning
If you configure monthly scans to occur on the 31st of each month, the scan occurs on the first day of the month for months with fewer than 31 days.
- On the Malware Protection tab, click the Settings icon.
- Configure the following settings under Scheduled Scan:
Select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly from the dropdown list.
For weekly scheduled scans, select the day of the week in the dropdown list.
For monthly scheduled scans, select the day of the month in the dropdown list.
Select the time of day to start the scan. The time format uses a 24-hour clock.
Select the scan type:
- Full Scan runs the rootkit detection engine to detect and remove rootkits. It then performs a full system scan of all files, executable files, DLLs, and drivers.
- Quick Scan runs the rootkit detection engine to detect and remove rootkits. It only scans the following items for threats: executable files, DLLs, and drivers that are currently running.
- Custom Scan runs the rootkit detection engine to detect and remove rootkits. It allows you to select a specific file folder on your local hard disk drive (HDD) to scan for threats.
You cannot schedule a removable media scan. A full scan scans removable media.
Disable Scheduled Scan
Select to disable scheduled scan.