Activating VPN before Windows log on
When using VPN before Windows log on, the user is offered a list of preconfigured VPN connections to select from on the Windows log on screen. This requires that the Windows log on screen is not bypassed. As such, if VPN before Windows log on is enabled, it is required to also select the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer checkbox in the User Accounts dialog box.
To make this change, proceed as follows:
- Create the VPN tunnels of interest or connect to FortiClient EMS, which provides the VPN list of interest.
- Enable VPN before log on to the FortiClient Settings page, see VPN options.
On the Microsoft Windows system,
- Start an elevated command line prompt.
control passwords2and press
Enter. Alternatively, you can enter
- Check the checkbox for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
- Click OK to save the setting.