FortiClient includes a Vulnerability Scan component to check endpoints for known vulnerabilities. The vulnerability scan results can include:
- List of vulnerabilities detected
- How many detected vulnerabilities are rated as critical, high, medium, or low threats
- Links to more information, including links to the FortiGuard Center
- One-click link to install patches and resolve as many identified vulnerabilities as possible
- List of patches that require manual installation by the endpoint user to resolve vulnerabilities
FortiClient can detect known vulnerabilities for many software. For the list of software, see Vulnerability patches.
When FortiClient is connected to EMS, vulnerability scan provides EMS with a list of all software installed on the endpoint, including vendor and version information. See the FortiClient EMS Administration Guide.