Extending license expiries
You can apply multiple licenses to FortiClient EMS to extend the license expiry. For example, consider you purchase two one-year licenses for FortiClient EMS. After you register and apply the first license, FortiClient EMS has an expiry date of September 5, 2018. You can register and apply the second license as a renewal, after which FortiClient EMS has an expiry date of September 5, 2019.
You must upload the second license file to FortiClient EMS using the GUI. Registering the license does not automatically update the license expiry in FortiClient EMS.
Using a second license to extend the license expiry date does not increase the number of licensed clients. To increase the number of licensed clients, contact Fortinet Support for a co-term contract.
- Purchase two FortiClient EMS licenses separately from a reseller. You must purchase the licenses separately to ensure there are two registration codes. Otherwise, you cannot stack the licenses.
You can visit Fortinet Partners to find a reseller. Once you purchase FortiClient EMS, you receive the Service Registration Document via email. This email contains the Contract Registration Code used to obtain the FortiClient EMS license.
- Register and apply the first license to FortiClient EMS as described in Licensing FortiClient EMS.
- Register the second license:
- Log into the Fortinet Support website.
- Go to Asset > Register/Renew.
- In the Specify Registration Code field, enter the Contract Registration Code. This is the number received in the license email from Fortinet.
- Select the end user type, then click Next.
- In the Registration Confirmation window, click Renew.
- In the Specify Fortinet Registration Information window, do one of the following. You can find the serial number in the System Information widget in FortiClient EMS.
- Enter the serial number in the The Product Serial Number is field.
- Select the desired serial number in the Product SN list.
- Read, verify, and agree to the service's Terms and Conditions.
- Retrieve the license key:
- Go to Asset > Manage/View Products. Select FortiClient EMS.
- From the left panel, select License and Key.
- From the Available Key(s) List, select the FortiClient EMS entry. Then, click Get The License File.
- License FortiClient EMS:
- From FortiClient EMS, go to Administration > Upgrade License, then click Activate.
- Click Browse, select the license file, and click Upload. You have successfully extended the license for FortiClient EMS. The expiry date displayed in the System Information widget updates to a year after the initial license expiry date.