Activating VPN before Windows logon
When using VPN before Windows logon, the user is offered a list of preconfigured VPN connections to select from on the Windows logon screen. This requires that the Windows logon screen is not bypassed. As such, if VPN before Windows logon is enabled, it is required to also select the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer checkbox in the User Accounts dialog.
To make this change, proceed as follows:
- Create the VPN tunnels of interest or receive the VPN list of interest from FortiClient EMS.
- Ensure that VPN is enabled before logon to the FortiClient Settings page.
On the Windows system,
- Start an elevated command line prompt.
control userpasswords2and press
Enter. Alternatively, you can enter
- Check the checkbox for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
- Click OK to save the setting.