When FortiClient is running on your system, you can select the FortiTray icon in the Windows system tray to perform various actions. The FortiTray icon is available in the system tray even when FortiClient is closed.
- Default menu options:
- Open FortiClient
- View About tab in FortiClient
- Shut down FortiClient
- Dynamic menu options, depending on configuration:
- Connect to a configured IPsec VPN or SSL VPN connection
- Display the AV scan window (if a scheduled scan is currently running)
- Display the Vulnerability scan window (if a vulnerability scan is running)
If you hover the mouse cursor over the FortiTray icon, you receive various notifications including the FortiClient version, AV signature version, and AV engine version.
When the configuration is locked, the option to shut down FortiClient from FortiTray is grayed out.
You can also establish a VPN connection from FortiTray by doing the following: