You must add an SSL certificate to FortiClient EMS to allow Chromebooks to connect to FortiClient EMS.
If you are using a public SSL certificate, add the certificate to FortiClient EMS. You do not need to add the certificate to the Google Admin console.
If you are not using a public SSL certificate, you must add the SSL certificate to FortiClient EMS, and the root certificate to the Google Admin console. See Adding root certificates.
- In FortiClient EMS, go to System Settings > Server > EMS for Chromebooks Settings.
- Do one of the following:
- To replace an existing SSL certificate, beside SSL certificate, click Update SSL certificate.
- If no SSL certificate has been added yet, click the Upload new SSL certificate button.
- Click Browse and locate the certificate file (<name>.pfx).
- In the Password box, enter the password.
- Click Test.
- Click Save.
If the SSL certificate is expiring in less than three months, the expiry date label is yellow; if it has expired, the label is red. Otherwise, it is green.