The following steps assume that you have already purchased your EMS and FortiClient licenses from a Fortinet reseller.
- Log into your FortiCare account.
- On your FortiCare account, register the EMS installation.
- Register your FortiClient licenses on your FortiCare account.
As described in
theFortiClient EMS Administration Guide, you can apply multiple license types to the same EMS server. For example, if you have already applied a Fabric Agent license to your EMS server, you can apply another license type, such as a Chromebook license, to the same EMS server.
When applying an additional license type, you must select Renew/Upgrade on the contract registration screen, regardless of the license types of the first and subsequent licenses. Selecting Renew/Upgrade combines the new license with any existing licenses for the EMS server and allows you to add the new license type to EMS while retaining previously applied license(s).
- License FortiClient EMS:
- Go to Administration > Configure License.
- For License Source, select FortiCare.
- In the Account ID/Email field, enter your FortiCare account ID or email address.
- In the Password field, enter your FortiCare account password.
- Click Login & Update License. Once your account information is authenticated, EMS updates the Configure License page with the serial number and license information that it retrieved from FortiCare.
Using a second license to extend the license expiry date does not increase the number of licensed clients. To increase the number of licensed clients, contact Fortinet Support for a co-term contract.