Once you have downloaded the
FMG_MFGD-vX-buildxxxx-FORTINET.out.vmware.zip file and extracted the package contents to a folder on your management computer, you can deploy the package.
The default IP address and netmask of the Micro-FortiGuard Server for FortiClient is 192.168.1.99 255.255.255.0.
- Launch the VMware Player, then select Open a Virtual Machine.
Browse to the location of the FortiManager-MFGD.vmx file, select it, then select Open.
- Select Edit virtual machine settings to open the Virtual Machine Settings window.
- Select Memory, then adjust the Memory for this virtual machine as required.
- Select Processors, then adjust the Number of processor cores as required.
- Select Hard Disk and Hard disk 2 to configure the disks as required.
Configure the network adapters as required.
- To add new hardware, such as another hard disk or network adapter, select Add then follow the steps in the Add Hardware Wizard.
- Once the VM is configured as required, select OK, then select Play virtual machine to start the VM.
Once the VM has started, proceed with the initial configuration. See Configuring initial settings.