Retrieving user details from cloud applications
You can direct FortiClient to retrieve information about you from one of the following cloud applications, if you have an account:
FortiClient attempts to retrieve the following information after you log in:
- Phone number
- Email address
Consider a situation where two users, User A and User B, use the same computer:
- User A logs into the computer and provides their social media information in FortiClient.
- FortiClient retrieves and displays User A's social media information while User A is logged in.
- User A logs out of the computer.
- User B logs into the computer.
- FortiClient no longer displays User A's social media information. If User B previously provided their social media information, this automatically displays. Otherwise FortiClient displays the avatar for User B's OS account. If it was not previously provided, User B provides their social media information, which displays in FortiClient.
- User B logs out and User A logs in. FortiClient displays User A's social media information.
If User A or B do not log out of their account and instead lock the screen or switch accounts, FortiClient may display either user's social media information to both users.
Although FortiClient can retrieve the endpoint user's username from cloud applications, the retrieved username does not display in FortiClient. Instead, the retrieved username is included in FortiClient logs with the phone number and email address. You can view log content in FortiOS, FortiAnalyzer, and FortiManager. See Sending logs and software inventory reports to FortiAnalyzer or FortiManager.
You can manually specify an avatar for FortiClient to use and edit the phone number and email address. See Specifying the user avatar manually and Adding your phone number and email address manually.
- Click the user avatar in the upper left corner of FortiClient.
- Click one of the following links:
- A browser window opens. Log into your account.
- Click Allow to grant FortiClient permission to use your information.