Installing FortiClient on an endpoint and registering to FortiClient Cloud
To install FortiClient on an endpoint:
When installing FortiClient on an endpoint from a deployment package created in FortiClient Cloud, the administrator carries out some actions, while the endpoint user carries out others.
- (Administrator) In EMS, go to Manage Installers > Deployment Packages. Note the invitation code for the desired deployment package.
- (Administrator) Go to Invitations.
- (Administrator) Select the invitation code that was noted in step 2. Click Edit.
- (Administrator) To send the code to a single recipient, select Individual. Otherwise, select Bulk.
- (Administrator) In the Email recipients field, enter the email addresses of the desired end users.
- (Administrator) If desired, enable Send SMS notifications.
- (Administrator) If desired, in the Expiry date field, set the expiry date. Click Save.
- (End user) Click the FortiClient download link in the invitation email or text message that you received. Extract and run the installer file.
- (End user) Your FortiClient should automatically register to FortiClient Cloud after installation. If your FortiClient did not automatically register to FortiClient Cloud, use the instructions below to register to FortiClient Cloud.
To register to FortiClient Cloud:
You can use the following instructions to register to FortiClient Cloud in one of the following scenarios:
- If you want to register a FortiClient Linux, iOS, or Android endpoint to FortiClient Cloud. Since you cannot create a deployment package for these operating systems in EMS, this is the only way to register these endpoints to FortiClient Cloud.
- If you did not follow the instructions above to install FortiClient on your endpoint, such as if you downloaded a publicly available FortiClient deployment package.
- If you followed the installation instructions above, but your FortiClient did not automatically register to FortiClient Cloud after installation.
- Enter the invitation code in the Join FortiClient Cloud field on the Fabric Telemetry tab in FortiClient. Your EMS administrator should have provided the code to you.
- Click Connect. FortiClient is now managed by FortiClient Cloud.