Licensing FortiClient EMS
The following steps assume that you have already acquired an EMS installation file from FortiCare or a Fortinet sales representative for evaluation purposes and installed EMS.
- In EMS, in the License Information widget, click Add beside FortiCare Support Account.
- In the FortiCare Support Registration dialog, enter your FortiCare account credentials. If you do not have a FortiCare account, create one.
- Read and accept the license agreement terms.
- Click Login & Start Trial. If your FortiCare account is eligible for an EMS trial license, the License Information widget updates with the trial license information, and you can now manage ten Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints and ten Chromebook endpoints for 30 days.
The following steps assume that you have already purchased your EMS and FortiClient licenses from a Fortinet reseller.
- Log into your FortiCare account on Customer Service & Support.
- On your FortiCare account, register the EMS installation.
- Register your FortiClient licenses on your FortiCare account.
As described in FortiClient EMS, you can apply multiple license types to the same EMS server. For example, if you have already applied a Fabric Agent license to your EMS server, you can apply another license type, such as a Chromebook license, to the same EMS server.
When applying an additional license type, you must select Renew/Upgrade on the contract registration screen, regardless of the license types of the first and subsequent licenses. Selecting Renew/Upgrade combines the new license with any existing licenses for the EMS server and allows you to add the new license type to EMS while retaining previously applied license(s).
- License FortiClient EMS. See Licenses.
Using a second license to extend the license expiry date does not increase the number of licensed clients. To increase the number of licensed clients, contact Fortinet Support for a co-term contract.