30-day free trial support
EMS supports a 30-day free trial. After installing EMS, you can enroll for a 30-day free trial from the EMS GUI. This makes it easier for prospective customers to try the FortiClient product. If you want to extend your trial, you must contact Fortinet sales for an evaluation license.
To activate 30-day free trial support:
- Download an EMS installation file from the Fortinet support site or obtain the file from Fortinet sales.
- Install EMS.
- If you do not have a FortiCare account, create a FortiCare account. You can create a FortiCare account in one of two ways:
- In EMS, in the FortiCare Support Registration dialog, enter your FortiCare email address and password.
- Click Login & Start Trial. EMS retrieves a trial license from FortiCare. The following shows the trial license information retrieved from FortiCare.
- Go to Administration > Configure License. Verify that your EMS has a 30-day trial license with ten seats for Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints, and ten seats for Chromebook endpoints, with all features enabled.
After 30 days, EMS shows that the license expired.
You can purchase a full license before or after the trial license expires. After upgrading to the full license using the FortiCare account created in step 3, go to Administration > Configure License and click the Login & Sync License Now button. EMS checks for and retrieves the full license from FortiCare.