Importing Web Filter profiles from FortiManager
You can import Web Filter profiles from FortiManager into FortiClient EMS, then edit the profile in FortiClient EMS to add a FortiClient deployment package or add configuration information.
To import Web Filter profiles from FortiManager:
- Configure FortiManager to allow EMS profile importation:
- Go to System Settings > Network and enable the HTTPS checkbox.
- You must set Remote Procedure Call to
read. Run the
get system admin user admincommand. Ensure that
rpc-permitis set to
rpc-permitis not set to
read, run the following commands:
config system admin user
set rpc-permit read
- Click Endpoint Profiles > Manage Profiles > Import > From FortiGate / FortiManager. The Import Profiles from FortiGate/FortiManager window opens.
- Under Type, select FortiManager.
- Complete the following options, and click Next.
Enter the IP address and port of the FortiManager from which the profile is being imported, in the format:
Enter a VDOM name from the FortiManager if applicable.
Enter a username for the FortiManager.
Enter the password for the user account entered above.
The list of Web Filter profiles configured on the FortiManager displays.
You can click the </> icon beside each profile to preview the settings in XML format.
- Select the profiles to import into FortiClient EMS and click Next.
Select the name of the profile to import all profiles for it into FortiClient EMS. You can also clear the checkbox beside the profiles you do not want to import into FortiClient EMS.
- Under Synchronization Mode, select one of the following options.
- One Time Pull: FortiClient EMS does not automatically sync profile changes from the FortiManager. You can manually sync profile changes after importing the profile. See Syncing profile changes.
- Group Schedule: Configure a group synchronization schedule for all selected profiles. Select the next date and time to automatically update the profiles, and the profile update interval in days, hours, or seconds.
- Individual Schedule: Configure an individual synchronization schedule for each selected profile. Select the next date and time to automatically update each profile, and the profile update interval in days, hours, or seconds.
- Click Import. EMS imports the selected profiles into FortiClient EMS and display under the Endpoint Profiles pane in a group named after the FortiManager from which they were imported.
- In the Endpoint Profiles page, select an imported profile to edit it.
You can edit additional options to provide configuration information. You can also add a FortiClient deployment package to the profile by using the Deployment tab. You can create custom deployment packages. See Adding a FortiClient deployment package.
- Edit the options on the tabs. Click Save Profile.