The minimum system requirements for FortiClient EMS are as follows.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or newer
- No additional installed services
- 2.0 GHz 64-bit processor, dual core (or two virtual CPUs)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more is recommended)
- 40 GB free hard disk
- Gigabit (10/100/1000baseT) Ethernet adapter
- Internet access
Internet access is required during installation. This becomes optional once installation is complete. FortiClient EMS accesses the Internet to obtain information about FortiGuard engine and signature updates.
You should only install FortiClient EMS and the default services for the operating system on the server. You should not install additional services on the same server as FortiClient EMS.
Installing and running EMS on a domain controller is not supported.