The FortiClient EMS administrator can view installed application information for all managed endpoints on the Applications pane.
To view the Applications content pane:
You can view information about installed applications on the Applications content pane.
- Go to Software Inventory > Applications. The list of applications, a quick status bar, and a toolbar display in the content pane.
Number of applications that have been installed on all managed endpoints. Click to display the list of installed applications.
Number of vendors whose applications have been installed on managed endpoints. Click to display the list of installed applications sorted by vendor.
Number of applications that have been detected as newly installed since the last Telemetry communication. Click to display newly detected applications sorted by date detected.
Select to toggle between the following options:
- Display applications alphabetically by application name.
- Sort applications by vendor name.
Click to refresh the list of applications in the content pane.
Click to clear all filters applied to the list of files.
Name Name of the installed application. Vendor Name of the installed application's vendor. Version Version number of the installed application. First Detected Date the application was first detected as installed on the endpoint. Last Installed Date the application was last installed on an endpoint. Install Count Number of endpoints the application is installed on.
To filter applications:
You can filter the list of applications displayed on the Applications content pane.
- Go to Software Inventory > Applications. The list of applications displays.
- You can apply filters by application name, vendor name, and version number. Click the filter icon beside the desired heading. Enter the value to include in the filter. You can toggle the All/Any/Not button for the following options:
- All: Display all files that match the set filter.
- Any: Display any file that matches the set filter.
- Not: Display only files that do not match the set filter.
- To remove a filter, click the X icon beside the filter. To remove all filters, click the Clear Filters icon on the toolbar.