You can access the FortiClient Diagnostic Tool from FortiClient. Go to About.
On FortiClient (Windows), you can also access the Diagnostic Tool from the Start menu.
You can use the FortiClient Diagnostic Tool to generate a debug report, then provide the debug report to the FortiClient team to help with troubleshooting. For example, if you are working with customer support on a problem, you can generate a debug report and email the report to customer support to help with troubleshooting.
The FortiClient Diagnostic Tool does not record sensitive information. It contains information about the endpoint such as:
- Windows operating system version
- Windows software updates
- Names and versions of installed software
- Names and versions of installed drivers
- FortiClient configuration
- FortiClient logs
Before sending the package that the FortiClient Diagnostic Tool created to the FortiClient team, you can open and read the package.
To access the FortiClient Diagnostic Tool:
- Go to About.
- Click the Diagnostic Tool button in the top right corner. The FortiClient Diagnostic Tool dialog displays.
- The dialog displays the features selected by the EMS administrator. Click Run Diagnostic Tool.
- Click Run Tool.
A window displays the provided status information.
- (Optional) When prompted, launch and disconnect the VPN tunnels for which you want to collect information. The Diagnostic Tool creates a Diagnostic_Result file and displays it in a folder on the endpoint. The default folder location is C:\Users <user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\.
- Click Close.