You can configure invitation codes. End users can enter the invitation codes to connect FortiClient to EMS.
- Go to Invitations in the upper right corner or in Endpoints > Invitations.
- Select the invitation code that was noted in step 2. Click Edit.
- Configure the invitation:
- From the EMS Listen Address, select the desired address.
- To send the code to a single recipient, select Individual. Otherwise, select Bulk.
Sending individual invitation codes is considered best practice, as it can limit any unexpected endpoints from connecting to FortiClient EMS.
- Enable Send email notifications. You can only enable this option if you have configured SMTP settings. See Configuring SMTP Server settings.
- In the Email recipients field, enter the email addresses of the desired end users.
- If desired, enable Send SMS notifications.
- Click the Create a new installer button to include an installer with the invitation. End users can use this installer to install FortiClient on their endpoint. See Adding a FortiClient deployment package.
- If desired, enable Expiring.
- In the Expiry date field, set the expiry date. Click Save.
End users can install FortiClient on their devices using the installer that you included, and use the invitation code to connect to EMS if their FortiClient did not connect automatically.