Deploying FortiClient with Microsoft AD
To deploy FortiClient with Microsoft AD:
- On your domain controller, create a distribution point.
- Log into the server computer as an administrator.
- Create a shared network folder where the FortiClient MSI installer file is distributed from.
- Set file permissions on the share to allow access to the distribution package. Copy the FortiClient MSI installer package into this share folder.
- Select Start > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- After selecting your domain, right-click to select a new organizational unit (OU).
- Move all the computers you want to distribute the FortiClient software to into the newly-created OU.
- Create a group policy object (GPO), then create the FortiClient installer package:
- Select Start > Administrative Tools > Group Policy Management. The Group Policy Management MMC Snap-in opens. Select the OU you just created. Right-click it, Select Create a GPO in this domain, and link it here. Give the new GPO a name then select OK.
- Expand the GPO container and find the newly created GPO. Right-click the GPO and select Edit. The Group Policy Management Editor MMC Snap-in opens.
- Expand Computer Configuration > Policies > Software Settings. Right-click Software Settings and select New > Package.
- Select the path of your distribution point and FortiClient installer file and then select Open. Select Assigned and select OK. The package is then generated.
- If you want to expedite the installation process, on the server and client computers, force a GPO update. The software is installed on the client computer’s next reboot. You can also wait for the client computer to poll the domain controller for GPO changes and install the software then.