You can configure invitation codes to email to end users. After installing FortiClient, end users can enter the invitation codes to connect FortiClient to EMS.
To add an invitation code:
- Go to Invitations in the upper right corner or in Endpoints > Invitations.
- Select the desired invitation code. Click Edit.
- Configure the invitation:
- From the EMS Listen Address, select the desired address.
- To send the code to a single recipient, select Individual. Otherwise, select Bulk.
Sending individual invitation codes is considered best practice, as it can limit any unexpected endpoints from connecting to FortiClient EMS.
- Enable Send email notifications. You can only enable this option if you have configured SMTP settings. See Configuring SMTP Server settings.
- In the Email recipients field, enter the email addresses of the desired end users.
- If desired, enable Send SMS notifications.
- Click the Create a new installer button to include an installer with the invitation. End users can use this installer to install FortiClient on their endpoint. See Adding a FortiClient deployment package.
- If desired, enable Expiring.
- In the Expiry date field, set the expiry date. Click Save.
End users receive an email or SMS notification as configured that includes the invitation code and installer. They can install FortiClient on their devices using the included installer, and enter the invitation code in the Register with Zero Trust Fabric field on the FortiClient Zero Trust Telemetry tab to connect to EMS if their FortiClient did not connect automatically to EMS after installation.