You can deploy a FortiClient software update from FortiClient EMS. A prompt appears on the FortiClient endpoint when a deployment package requests deployment. The prompt requests the user to do one of the following:
- Install Now: If you select this option, FortiClient performs the upgrade and automatically restarts your computer.
- Install Later: If you select this option, you can indicate the time to start the upgrade. The default is 8:00 PM. Your computer automatically restarts after the upgrade finishes.
- No Option: If you do not select an option, the upgrade occurs by default at 8:00 PM. After FortiClient EMS uninstalls the previous version, it asks if the user wants to reboot. The prompt requests the user to do one of the following:
- Reboot: Have the reboot occur immediately.
- Reboot later: Reboot the computer later. You cannot select a specific reboot time. Use this option at your discretion.