Connecting FortiClient Telemetry after installation
After FortiClient software installation completes on an endpoint, you can connect FortiClient to EMS. After FortiClient Telemetry connects to EMS, FortiClient receives an endpoint policy from EMS. A system tray bubble message displays once the download is complete. The endpoint policy may contain an endpoint profile of configuration information as well as a Telemetry server list.
You can use these processes to connect Telemetry to EMS after the FortiClient endpoint reboots, rejoins the network, or encounters a network change.
To automatically connect to an on-premise EMS:
FortiClient may automatically launch and connect Telemetry to the EMS server that created the installed deployment package.
- When FortiClient locates EMS, the Connecting FortiClient Telemetry dialog displays when EMS requests the FortiClient telemetry connection key.
The following options are available:
Displays the name of the endpoint user logged into the endpoint.
Logged into Domain
Displays the domain name if applicable.
Displays the endpoint name.
FortiClient Telemetry Connection Key
Enter the connection key.
Remember FortiClient Telemetry Connection Key
Select for FortiClient to remember the connection key.
Remember this Endpoint Management Server (EMS)
Select for FortiClient to remember the IP address of the EMS you are connecting Telemetry to. See Remembering gateway IP addresses.
- Click OK to connect FortiClient Telemetry to the identified EMS.
To manually connect FortiClient to on-premise EMS:
- Based on your EMS configuration, you will do one of the following:
- If your FortiClient automatically launches after installation and prompts you for credentials, such as Active Directory credentials, enter the credentials. This connects FortiClient to EMS.
- If your FortiClient does not automatically launch after installation, do the following:
- Launch FortiClient.
- On the Zero Trust Telemetry tab, in the Register with Zero Trust Fabric field, manually enter the EMS IP address or invitation code.
- If multitenancy is enabled on EMS and you must register to a specific site, click the Switch to IP connect button, then enter the site name in the Site Name field. If multitenancy is enabled on EMS but you do not provide a site name, FortiClient connects to the default site.
To connect to FortiClient Cloud:
- After initial installation, FortiClient should automatically register to FortiClient Cloud. If FortiClient did not automatically register to FortiClient Cloud, enter the invitation code in the Register with Zero Trust Fabric field on the Zero Trust Telemetry tab in FortiClient. Your EMS administrator should have provided the code to you.
- Click Connect. FortiClient is managed by FortiClient Cloud.