- Go to Zero Trust Tags > Zero Trust Tagging Rules, and click Add.
- In the Name field, enter the desired rule name.
- In the Tag Endpoint As dropdown list, select an existing tag or enter a new tag. EMS uses this tag to dynamically group together endpoints that satisfy the rule, as well as any other rules that are configured to use this tag.
- Toggle Enabled on or off to enable or disable the rule.
- (Optional) In the Comments field, enter any desired comments.
- Click Add Rule.
- Configure the rules:
- For OS, select the desired OS. This affects what rule types are available.
- From the Rule Type dropdown list, select the rule type and configure the related options. Ensure that you click the + button after entering each criterion. See Zero Trust tagging rule types for descriptions of the rule types.
- Click Save.
- Configure additional rules as desired.
- By default, an endpoint must satisfy all configured rules to be eligible for the rule set. You may want to apply the tag to endpoints that satisfy some, but not all, of the configured rules. In this case, you can modify the rule set logic. For example, consider that you want to apply the same tag to endpoints that fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Running Windows 10
- Running Windows 7 and antivirus (AV) software is installed and running
With the default rule set logic, an endpoint would be eligible for the rule set if it is running Windows 7 or 10 and has AV software installed and running. To modify the rule set logic, do the following:
- Click Edit Logic.
- Clicking Edit Logic assigns numerical values to each configured rule. In the Rule Logic field, enter the desired logic for the rule set using the numerical values. You can use
orto define the rule logic. You cannot use
notwhen defining the rule logic. You can also use parentheses to group rules. For this example, you would enter
(1 and 3) or 2, to indicate that endpoints that satisfy both the AV and Windows 7 rules (rules 1 and 3) or only the Windows 10 rule (rule 2) satisfy the rule set. To restore the default logic, you can click Default Logic.
- Click Save.