Configuring the second NIC
To configure the second NIC:
- In Prism Element, find the FortiGate-VM and go to its VM dashboard.
- Double-click the FortiGate-VM in the VM list, or click Update.
- Under Network Adapters (NIC), click Add New NIC.
- From the VLAN NAME dropdown list, select the desired VLAN.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
- In your browser, log in to the FortiOS GUI.
- Go to Network > Interfaces. The second NIC has been added, with no need to reboot the FortiGate.
- Edit port2. Enter the IP address and netmask. Configure the other elements as needed, then click OK.