The FortiGate unit can authenticate users and allow them network access based on groups membership in Windows Active Directory (AD).
- Go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors.
- Click Create New.
- In the SSO/Identity section, click Poll Active Directory Server.
- Fill in the Server IP/Name, User, and Password for the AD server.
- Select the LDAP server from the list.
- If necessary, disable Enable Polling. This can be used to temporarily stop the FortiGate from polling security event logs on the Windows logon server, for troubleshooting purposes.
- Click OK.