Assigning templates to FortiSwitch devices
You use the FortiSwitch Manager pane to assign templates to switches, and you use the Device Manager pane to install the templates to the switches when you install a configuration to the FortiGate that controls the FortiSwitch device.
For more information about creating and managing FortiSwitch templates, see FortiSwitch Templates.
To assign a templates:
- In the tree menu, select the FortiGate that contains the FortiSwitch device the template will be applied to, or select All_FortiGate to list all of the switches.
- Select the appropriate option from the quick status bar, and locate the switch in the content pane.
- Select the switch and click Assign Template from the toolbar, or right-click on the switch and select Assign Template. The Assign FortiSwitch Template dialog box opens.
- Select a FortiSwitch template from the dropdown list, then click OK to assign it.
Only templates that apply to the specific device model will be available for selection.
Templates can also be applied when editing a device. See Editing switches.
To install templates to devices:
- Go to the Device Manager pane.
- Select the FortiGate device that controls the FortiSwitch
- Right click and select Install Config, or select Install > Install Config from the toolbar.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box to install the configuration to the device. See Configuring a device for more information.