You can use FortiManager to create fabric connectors for the following products:
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)—see Fabric connectors for ACI
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)—see Fabric connectors for AWS
- Microsoft Azure—see Fabric connectors for Microsoft Azure
- VMware NSX—see Fabric connectors for VMware NSX
- Nuage Virtualized Services Platform—see Fabric connectors for Nuage
The fabric connectors in FortiManager define the type of connector and include information for FortiGate to communicate with and authenticate with the products. In some cases FortiGate units must communicate with products through the Fortinet SDN Connector, and in other cases FortiGate units communicate directly with the products.
FortiGate works with Fortinet SDN Connector to communicate with the following products:
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Nuage Virtualized Services Platform
For more information about Fortinet SDN Connector, see the Fortinet Document Library.
You cannot import a policy package for Fortinet SDN Connector from FortiGate to FortiManager.
FortiGate works without Fortinet SDN Connector to communicate directly with the following products:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- VMware NSX