The FortiManager unit can be configured and managed using the GUI or the CLI. This section will step you through connecting to the unit via the GUI.
- Connect the FortiManager unit to a management computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Configure the management computer to be on the same subnet as the internal interface of the FortiManager unit:
- IP address: 192.168.1.X
- Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- On the management computer, start a supported web browser and browse to
- Type admin in the Name field, leave the Password field blank, and click Login.
The Change Password dialog box is displayed.
- Change the default password now, or click Later to change the password later:
- In the New Password box, type a new password.
- In the Confirm Password box, type the new password again, and click OK.
- If ADOMs are enabled, the Select an ADOM pane is displayed. Click an ADOM to select it.
The FortiManager home page is displayed.
- Click a tile to go to that pane. For example, click the Device Manager tile to go to the Device Manager pane.
See also GUI overview.
If the network interfaces have been configured differently during installation, the URL and/or permitted administrative access protocols (such as HTTPS) may no longer be in their default state.
For information on enabling administrative access protocols and configuring IP addresses, see Configuring network interfaces.
If the URL is correct and you still cannot access the GUI, you may also need to configure static routes. For details, see Static routes.
When the system is busy during a database upgrade or rebuild, you will receive a message in the GUI log-in pane. The message will include the estimated completion time.
After logging in for the first time, you should create an administrator account for yourself and assign the Super_User profile to it. Then you should log into the FortiManager unit by using the new administrator account. See Managing administrator accounts for information.