FortiAP devices can be organized into groups based on FortiAP platforms. A group can only contain one model of FortiAP. A FortiAP can only belong to one group.
Groups are listed in the tree menu under the FortiGate they were created in. They can be created, edited, and deleted as needed.
To create a FortiAP group:
- In the Managed APs pane, select FortiAP Group > Create New from the toolbar. The Create New FortiAP Group dialog box opens.
- Configure the following:
Enter a name for the group.
Select the FortiGate under which the group will be created.
Select the FortiAP platform that the group will apply to.
Select FortiAPs to add to the group. Only FortiAPs in the selected FortiGate of the selected platform will be available for selection.
- Select OK to create the group.
To edit a group:
- In the Managed APs pane, select a group from the tree menu, then select FortiAP Group > Edit from the toolbar.
- Edit the group name and devices in the group as needed. The FortiGate and the platform cannot be changed.
- Select OK to apply your changes.
To delete a group:
- In the Managed APs pane, select a group from the tree menu.
- Select FortiAP Group > Delete from the toolbar.
- Select OK in the confirmation dialog box to delete the group.