You can manually add devices to the FortiManager unit. The process requires the following steps:
- In FortiOS, you must enable central management on the device by adding the IP address of the FortiManager unit. As a result, the device is displayed on the FortiManager GUI in the root ADOM on the Device Manager pane in the Unregistered Devices list.
- In FortiManager, you must manually add unregistered devices. As a result, the device is registered with the FortiManager unit, and you can use FortiManager to manage the device.
When ADOMs are enabled, the device must be assigned to an ADOM when it is registered.
- In FortiOS, enable central management for the device.
- In FortiManager, select the root ADOM, and go to Device Manager.
- In the tree menu, click Unregistered Devices. The content pane displays the unregistered devices.
- Select the unregistered device or devices, then click Add. The Add Device dialog box opens.
- If ADOMs are enabled, select the ADOM in the Add the following device(s) to ADOM list. If ADOMs are disabled, select root.
- Click OK to register the device or devices.
The device or devices are added.