To view SSIDs and SSID groups, go to AP Manager > WiFi Profiles, and select SSID in the tree menu.
The following options are available in the toolbar and right-click menu:
Create a new SSID (see Creating SSIDs) or SSID group.
Edit the selected SSID or group.
Clone the selected SSID or group.
Delete the selected SSID or group.
Import SSIDs from a connected FortiGate (toolbar only).
View where the SSID is used.
Adjust the visible columns.
To create a new SSID group:
- On the SSID pane, click Create New > SSID Group in the toolbar. The Create New SSID Group windows opens.
- Enter a name for the group in the Name field.
- Optionally, enter a brief description of the group in the Comment box.
- Optionally, add SSIDs to the group in the Members field.
- Click OK to create the SSID group.
To edit an SSID or groups:
- Either double-click on an SSID, select as SSID and then click Edit in the toolbar, or right-click then select Edit from the menu. The Edit SSIDor Edit SSID Group window opens.
- Edit the settings as required. The SSID name and traffic mode cannot be edited.
- Click OK to apply your changes.
To delete SSIDs or groups:
- Select the SSIDs and groups that you would like to delete.
- Either click Delete in the toolbar, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box to delete the selected SSIDs and groups.
Deleting a group does not delete the SSIDs that are in the group.
To clone an SSID or group:
- Either select an SSID or group and click Clone in the toolbar, or right-click on the SSID or group name, and select Clone. The Clone SSID or Clone SSID Group dialog box opens.
- Edit the settings as required. An SSID's traffic mode cannot be edited.
- Click OK to clone the SSID.
To import an SSID:
- Click Import in the toolbar. The Import dialog box opens.
- Select a FortiGate from the dropdown list. The list will include all of the devices in the current ADOM.
- Select the SSID or SSIDs to be imported from the Profile dropdown list.
- Click OK to import the SSID or SSIDs.