Provisioning new devices
There are multiple steps to provision a new device or VDOM to be managed by the FortiManager unit:
- In the Device Manager pane, create a new VDOM or add a new device.
- Assign a system template to the provisioned device (optional).
- In the Policy & Objects pane, configure any dynamic objects you wish to assign to the new VDOM or device.
- Determine how a policy will be defined for the new device: does the new device or VDOM have a new policy package unique to itself, or will the device or VDOM use a package that is implemented elsewhere?
- Run the Install Wizard to install any objects and policies for the new device, or create a new policy package.
- If the new device uses an existing policy package, modify the installation targets of that package to include the new device.