On the Device Manager > License pane, you can view license information for managed devices.
- VDOM disabled: 1 FortiGate = 1 license.
- VDOM enabled: 1 VDOM = 1 license.
- VDOM enabled but no VDOMs: root = 1 license.
- FortiGate in HA mode: No license count for secondary FortiGate.
- Unregistered device in root ADOM: 1 unregistered device = 1 ADOM. License is not counted for hidden devices.
- FortiGate with FMGC contract: No license count for FortiManager VM. License is only counted for FortiManager hardware.
FortiAP, FortiSwitch, and FortiExtender are not included in the license count. For more information see the Fortinet Product Matrix.